SXSW

Discuss anything related to the Washington Area Music Association (WAMA), such as WAMA events, the Wammies, WAMA education panels, etc.

Moderators: mholden, askmike

SXSW

Postby askmike » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Did you attend SXSW this year? What did you like about it, what didn't you like, what would you do differently? Send us your comments and we'll put them together into a Forum topic on the WAMA website. SXSW
askmike
Site Admin

Re: SXSW

Postby askmike » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Diana Stagnato -
Hotspur - Co Manager
More Music Group - Agent

Diana Stagnato and Hotspur had an awesome time at SXSW! The good times kicked off with Hotspur performing at the SX Music Tech Mash Up Showcase at Rusty Spurs on March 17, to an incredible cheering crowd. We also had the pleasure of meeting the people of Taco Bell, who put Hotspur into their "Feed the Beat Program". and treated us all to free burritos, at the Purevolume House. I went to many great panels and had the pleasure of meeting Seymour Stein (Sire Records), Jeff Levin (Atlantic), members of the Talking Heads and Blondie. Special highlights also included hearing and meeting Patrick Stump (lead singer of Fallout Boy) in a small intimate club, performing his new solo project. I also got to know the wonderful people at MTV.. This was my third time at SXSW.. and I look forward to going back next year.. It was a great trip!
Diana Stagnato
More Music Group

703.690.4609 Fax
askmike
Site Admin

Return to WAMA Discussion